Specializes in natural gemstones and luxury yarns
Customized details for all occasions
A true one of a kind experience

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Honey Maple Wood

About three weeks ago I visited my local bead shop.  I walked in and was greeted by everyone and momma came out from back and said Hi!  She's adorable and reminds me of my mom she's so tiny.  Instantly I spied behind the counter, a big, bold, honey/green/gold/jade 22mm puffed oval Honey Jasper choker.  This was no ordinary puppy, this was the big daddy for sure!!!  I couldn't believe my eyes.  Momma said, Honey Jasper, you like?  I blinked about 10 times, and here's how the next few seconds played out (after I gathered my wits my hands went to my neck and I poised myself):

Lovely, how much?  $165  Choker only?  Yes  Do you have a strand?  No.  Can you order another strand?  Let me see.  Can you wait ...  Sure, find me and let me know.

Folks, I couldn't believe my eyes.  I was in love for real.  But $165???   I could buy a lot for that and make my own, but ....

As I walked around and around I couldn't for the life of me find anything that remotely resembled those Honey Jasper beads.  Onward.  I got to the back of the store and spied 18mm wood beads - looked like they were just carved from the branch and dripping with honey.   First time I passed them - zoomed in.  10 minutes later - picked them up, heavy.  10 minutes after that, third time - twilled them in my hands, too woody.  Kept moving. 

One hour later - Done.   I'd finished shopping for that day - let me inquiry about the Honey Jasper and pay for my goods.  Yes, I left the wood beads on the wall. 

No more Honey Jasper for now, I'll keep checking back.  Oh well (dagnabbit), let me pay for my goods.  Honey Jasper/Wood, leave it beI turned to leave, and yall won't believe me but I heard my name!  I turned and, YUP, my eyes went right to the back of the store at the strand of wooden beads hanging on the wall looking like they were dripping in honey.  They called to me ... I ran back and grabbed MY beads!  Hey, I got a lot of stuff that day.  What do you think? 

Honey Maple Wood with gold-filled

And bet your last dollar, when that strand of Honey Jasper comes in, its mine.  Ain't life grand ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment